Senior Manager, Sustainability, Emera Inc.
Melanie is a true beacon in the rapidly evolving area of Tidal Energy. She has led international industry standards, been a catalyst for technology innovation, and now leads Emera’s efforts in renewable energy. Melanie has extensive experience in the commercialization of clean energy technologies and is key in helping Emera reduce the carbon intensity of its portfolio while helping Canada maintain an international leadership role in tidal energy generation.
Commitments for 2013: In September 2012 at the Clean50 Summit, most attendees made public commitments for things they would do to "further sustainability" over the next 12 months. Nadeau's commitments were:- I will initiate a dialogue in my organization on the value of green procurement
- I will mentor one (or more) person(s) building a career in sustainability
- Will lead the leaders
- Educate/engage key decision-makers around the intrinsic value of the social and environmental legs of sustainable development
In Addition: Honourees identified good ideas they liked and would do their best to support. Nadeau's "Likes" were:- I will help to define a mission statement for the Clean50
- Nominate a politician for the 2014 Clean50
- I will compare my organization’s metrics for meaningfulness and compare to industry peers and submit recommendation
- I will mentor high potential to help them achieve their sustainable ambitions
- I will challenge my CEO to suggest to board that corporate sustainability measures/performances be part of my bonus/compensation and his/hers
- I will challenge my CEO to educate the board on the value of sustainability measurement
- I will champion employees in my organization and family, friends to challenge my MP on how they are measuring and improving sustainability
- I will Encourage Clean50 to become an advocacy group to all levels of government re: energy