The Clean50 Summit will begin at the RCYC Island clubhouse at 10:00 AM sharp. Please be at 150 Cherry Street by 9:30 AM
Attendees expecting to participate in the full day’s activities need to arrive at the RCYC parking lot at 150 Cherry St. by 9:30 AM in order to park and have time to board a boat to the Island that leaves at 9:45 SHARP (and, for any late arrivals, the shuttle departs every half hour thereafter).
Please note: We have a strict overall limit on participation / capacity and so, if you accept a free ticket and then do not show up – nor cancel at least 7 days in advance, you will be charged – and agree to pay – the full price of a regular ticket. Please do not deny someone else the ability to be at the Summit! Please note as well that no refunds will be issued for unused Summit tickets, unless requests are made by September 14th.
Upon arrival on the Island, there will be a short welcome and introduction to the day, followed by three facilitated work group sessions in all: one in the morning, a luncheon with the Clean50 Top 20 Project Awards, followed by 2 work group sessions in the afternoon. The “working part” of the Summit will conclude with participants reviewing and voting for the Best Clean50 Project, followed by a reception and the Awards Dinner.
Awards: Project awards – will be distributed during lunch, and Clean50 individual Awards will be awarded, over dinner, starting with the Emerging Leaders category. Special accomodations can sometimes be made to provide awards to individuals at Lunch whose travel arrangements have them leaving before 8 PM. Be sure to advise us if this is of concern to you. The Top Project award for 2018 as voted upon by you, will be announced at the end of the evening.
Workgroups have been designed to allow the great minds of the Clean50 learn from others, share their knowledge and advice – and hear from others on strategies which have worked for them in advancing solutions of common interest. Your input will be sought as you reserve your ticket. Each participant will engage in 3 workgroups , in the first 2, in collaboration with 2 completely different groups of professionals, culled in each case from as many different Clean16 categories as possible. The third group will be determined by participants choosing their own topic.
Over the course of the day, participants should expect to work or dine with approximately 40 different sustainability, clean tech, executive and non-profit leaders from a wide variety of industries and backgrounds. By the end of the day, your network will be larger – and you will have offered – and benefited from – many different, but very well informed, perspectives.
The group will then vote for their choice for the winning Clean50 Project – and then starting at about 5:15, relax and enjoy a pre-dinner networking session (weather permitting, on the lawn at the RCYC, overlooking the city) and pose for a group photos.
Provisional Agenda as at August 1st:
*event specifics will change and be refined in mid September, but overall timing will not.
- 8:15 – 9:15 (or earlier as advised) : – facilitators and facillitator assistants travel to Island
- 9:30-9:35 Summit attendees arrive at RCYC and prepare to board the RCYC Launch “Kwasind”
- 9:45 boat leaves promptly at 9:45 for Island, arriving 9:55
- 10:00 Participants register, have a picture taken, enjoy a coffee and greet fellow honourees
- 10:30 Welcomes from Gavin Pitchford (Delta Management), HP Canada
- 10:40 Orientation. Where do you stand? Human Scatterplots!
- 11:00-12:20 Workgroup 1 – facilitated networking in groups of 10-12
- 12:30 -2:00 Lunch, Project awards
- 2:10-3:25 Workgroup 2 – facilitated networking and workshop: Compelling Sustainabilty Storytelling – motivating ACTION
- 3:30-3:45 Coffee & move to final session
- 3:50-4:55 Final workgroup
- 4:55-5:00 Feedback on day reported to last facilitator
- 5:00-5:15 All Participants review Project panels, and vote for Top Project, review ideas from the day
- 5:20-6:30 Voters may then exchange their empty ballot folder for drink tickets!
- 5:45-6:00 Group Picture on the lawn or Staircase
- 5:15-6:30 networking, open bar (for voters!) compliments of Southbrook & Steamwhistle
- 6:30 Enter dining room – Round 1 of awards
- Clean50 individual awards will be handed out through dinner, beginning with the Emerging Leaders, and then Advocates, continuing alphabetically by Category, Dinner should conclude by 9:30.
- 930 Awards and Dinner conclude Clean50 Top Project of the Year announced.
- 9:30-9:50 Networking and wind down
- 10:00 PM – return to city on 10 PM Launch – or join the “after party” on the verandah (weather permitting).
Dinner Only participants: A limited number of tickets are available for family / colleagues. Dinner participants are free to participate in the networking session starting at 5:30 PM and should catch the 5:15, 5:45 or 6:15 Launch from Cherry Street Station.
Seating for the awards & dinner will begin at 6:30 PM sharp.
Please note the minimum RCYC Dress Code applies all day: business casual – (no denim – men: shirts with a collar please). Given the duration and conversation format, few people wear ties during the day, however some people elect to change / dress up for dinner and / or their award picture. Talking on Cell phones is not permitted inside the building.
For those arriving or departing via the Island (Billy Bishop) airport, a young man and his boat from the RCYC has been arranged to be on call for the day, and is dramatically faster, cheaper (and far greener! ) than cabbing it through the city to the RCYC docks. Please email Gavin at Delta (email@example.com) to make arrangements. Cost is $ 15.00 each way (cash only – no receipt) or can be pre-paid on this site (credit card and receipt). We can help you arrange a pickup at the Island airport, or from various docks scattered around the harbour, depending upon your hotel location. Our Clean50 arranged boat can also deliver you back to the island airport or other city location at the time of your choosing.
The regular RCYC launch service returns to the RCYC parking lot on Cherry Street all day on the hour and the half hour and is FREE (cost covered by Delta Management).
RCYC Directions to 150 Cherry St can be found here: https://www.rcyc.ca/ABOUT-US/Directions-Launch.aspx