- This event has passed.
Clean50 Summit 13.0 – September 28th, 2023: 9:30 AM – 9:30 PM
2023 September 28, @ 9:30 am - 2023 December 31, @ 9:30 pm EDTFree – $8,900.00
The Clean50 Summit will officially kick off at the Globe & Mail Centre’s Meeting Venue at 10:10 AM sharp. Registration, informal coffee (and breakfast snacks) are open starting at 9:00 AM.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW:
COVID PROTOCOLS: ARE NOT EXPECTED TO BE IN PLACE, but may be reinstated should local circumstances change.
- Participants are asked to stay home if experiencing any symptoms of any illness. We will be following best practices in preventing spread of germs, with individually wrapped snacks, FLOW water in sealed containers, and pre-boxed lunches to avoid people breathing over an open buffet. If you enjoy water in meetings, and don’t want FLOW, please consider bringing your own container, as our COVID protocols will not use open pitchers or glasses on tables. To request the most recent status / plans, email: email@example.com
- Should there be any changes, updates will also be emailed to all who are registered on on or before September 25th. PLEASE BE SURE TO WHITELIST @deltamanagement.com in your email client.
REFUNDS / TICKET CHARGES
We have a strict overall limit on participation / capacity of 132 persons, and are always sold out, and so, if you accept a *free* ticket and then do not show up – nor cancel at least 15 days in advance – you will be charged – and hereby agree to pay – the full price of a regular ticket. Anyone diagnosed with Covid 19 within that period is exempt from this policy, but will need to provide evidence accordingly. Please do not deny someone else the ability to be at the Summit!
We are fully committed for food and other expenses two weeks in advance, so no refunds will be issued for unused Summit tickets, unless requests are made by September 14th.
The Summit will be hosted on the traditional lands of (among others) the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples.
HOW THE DAY UNFOLDS
ALL TIMES ARE PROVISIONAL AT THIS POINT. PLEASE MONITOR EMAILS FOR UPDATES.
For a full agenda, please visit The Summit Agenda here.
At the commencement of the Summit, there will be a short welcome and introduction to the day, followed by three facilitated work group sessions in all: one in the morning, followed by a luncheon to celebrate the Clean50 Top Project Awards, followed by two work group sessions in the afternoon. The “working part” of the Summit will conclude with participants reviewing and voting for the Best Clean50 Project at ~ 5:15 PM, followed by a group photo, reception and the Awards Dinner.
Project awards – will be distributed during lunch (12:15-1:45) handed out between approximately 12:40 and 1:05 PM. The top 5 projects, as determined by Delta Management from amongst the project winners present at the Summit will make 5 minute pitches over lunch in the hopes of securing your vote for the Project of the Year.
Clean50 individual Awards will be awarded, over dinner, by category, starting with the Emerging Leaders category. Special accommodations can sometimes be made to provide awards to individuals at Lunch whose travel arrangements have them leaving before 8 PM. This is not recommended! Be sure to advise us if this is of concern to you. The Top Project of the Year award as voted upon by Summit participants will be announced at the end of the evening.
Workgroup Sessions have been designed to allow the great minds of the Clean50 learn from others, share their knowledge and advice – and hear from others on strategies which have worked for them in advancing solutions of common interest. Your input on topics will be sought as you reserve your ticket on this form.
Each participant will engage in 3 workgroups. In the first 2, participants will be assigned to 2 different topics with 2 completely different groups of professionals, culled in each case from as many different Clean16 categories as possible and with tablemates custom curated by Delta Management for each individual participant.
Composition of the third group will be determined by participants upon arrival, choosing their own topic from a posted list, made up of the most popular of topics proposed by participants. Your input for that list is sought below.
Over the course of the day, participants should expect to work or dine with approximately 40 different sustainability, clean tech, executive, government and non-profit leaders from a wide variety of industries, institutions and government – and with widely varying backgrounds. By the end of the day, your network will be larger – and you will have offered your own – and benefited from – many different, but very well informed, perspectives.
The group will then vote for their choice for the winning Clean50 Project – and then starting at about 5:15, relax and enjoy a pre-dinner networking session (weather permitting, on the 17th floor outdoor patio) and pose for a group photos.
Limited number of Guest participants: Clean50 Honourees are welcome to invite other members of their teams to participate in the entire day if space permits at the costs shown below.
“Dinner & Networking Only” and “Lunch Only” tickets are available to enable broader team and family members to celebrate with honourees. Whole tables for 8, 10, or 12 including the Honouree can be organized upon request at a slight discount.
Please note you will be asked to park, silence and ignore your cell phone during work group sessions.
- Departures for Flights from Pearson: Our site is a 9 minute drive (19 minute walk) at most to the UP Express which departs Union Station Track 1A every 15 minutes, on the hour and each quarter hour, arriving at Pearson “YYZ” 25 minutes later. Tickets can be purchased on line in advance. Allowing for arrival 1 hour prior to departure, plus travel time from our venue to Union, and 6 minutes to hop on board, you should depart the our site between 1 hour 40 minutes and 1 hour 55 minutes before your scheduled flight departure time – or less if you have only carry-on luggage.
- Alternatively, travel direct to the airport by UBER or Airport Limo is typically under 30 minutes – meaning departure from the Summit 90 minutes before your flight.
- If you are arriving from points east on Thursday morning, we traditionally recommend travelling from Pearson in the morning via UP Express to avoid both rush hour congestion as well as GHGs, and if you must fly out on the evening of the Summit, use of a shared limo (we will help coordinate) to Pearson will provide you the most time with your peers.
- It is almost impossible to fly from anywhere west of Thunder Bay Ontario on Thursday morning, and still make the start time.
- Historically, we have recommended the last flight to Vancouver via Air Canada (10:55 PM) as it allows you to remain for most of the awards (i.e. 9:25 PM Summit departure), and is a one hour shorter flight, actually arriving 20 minutes before the last WestJet departure (10:15 PM) which leaves 40 minutes earlier. But as of this date, on September 28th, the latest flights to each of Calgary, Vancouver and Edmonton as of this moment are all via Westjet as opposed to Air Canada, who has not yet resumed the pre-pandemic schedule, and all 3 West Jet flights depart Pearson at 10:15, meaning an 8:45 PM departure via UBER or an 8:15 departure from the Summit via Uber / UP Express. One way Economy tickets are all less then $500.00 as of this writing. We will be happy to help coordinate a shared UBER to the airport departing at ~8:30
- Time to the Island Airport for Porter users is about 15 minutes.
- Please keep these times in mind when responding to questions about your departure time below in case we need to provide you with your award earlier in the evening.
OTHER COMMON FAQs
- When obtaining tickets for all day participants, both Lunch and Dinner are included. You do not need to acquire Lunch only or Dinner /Networking only tickets in addition to an All Day ticket.
- Limited number of Guest participants: Clean50 Honourees are welcome to invite other members of their teams to participate in the entire day if space permits at the costs shown below.
- “Dinner & Networking Only” and “Lunch Only” tickets are available to enable broader team and family members to celebrate with honourees. Whole tables for 8, 10, or 12 including the Honouree can be organized upon request at a slight discount.
- YES there is lots of room for secure storage of your laptop, your luggage etc. In 12 years of Clean50 Summits, no one has ever had anything stolen.
- NO we don’t have a preferred hotel, although would note the proximity of The Broadview. We are in the process of negotiating a rate with them again for this year.
- Dress code: business casual for during the day. Change into something slightly more formal to claim your award if you want to do so. (some do – some don’t). The pics from 2019 should provide you with some idea. (we do note that COVID pj bottom + suit jacket combos are strictly verboten!) (see https://yayloveweddingphotography.pixieset.com/clean50summit2019/)
- YES we will have a photographer on hand – YES we will have high res pics of you receiving your award that we can share – usually available for download at the end of the following week.
- We’re looking for “facilitator assistant” volunteers – they sit in on discussions and take copious notes, as well as keep facilitators on track for time. Let us know if there’s a young person on your team, or in your circle who might benefit from the insights they might glean.
ONE LAST REQUEST – Please help us out by avoiding the need for our intervention to correct errors in registration!
The most common errors to avoid?
- WHEN REGISTERING PLEASE ENTER THE NAME OF THE ATTENDEE as the purchaser – not the name of the purchaser (purchaser’s name required for credit card later in process).
- WHEN PROVIDING DELEGATE NAME AND ORGANIZATION NAME PLEASE USE PROPER CAPITALIZATION!!! By that, we mean only the first letter of each word capitalized. Not all lower or all upper case. etc. etc. When you use ALL CAPS or all lower case, we then have to edit in 5 different places which takes a LOT of effort. (And time we simply don’t have). And also dramatically increases the chances of a typo on your badge.
- Please do not acquire the wrong ticket: No more than one (1) “Free” Clean50 Honouree ticket per team / organization (2nd / 3rd / 4th attendees on a team need to acquire a paid ticket). If you are part of a team, please coordinate in advance which one of you will take the free ticket covered by Delta Management Group and Clean50 sponsors.
- Please do not acquire a “Clean50 Honouree Ticket” if you are not specifically an incoming 2024 Clean50 individual, 2024 Emerging Leader or 2024 Lifetime Achievement Award winner for the current year. If you are an existing member of the Clean50 who has already received your award, acquire either an HP sponsored Alumni Ticket, or pay for an Alumni ticket.
- If you are using this site to acquire the commercial use of the Clean50 name and / or logo for promotional purposes, please pay careful attention to the rights you are acquiring as there are different prices for different types and sizes of organizations. Organizations choosing discounted options may be asked to verify they are in fact “very small” organizations, or B Corps, for example, in order to qualify for the significant discounts offered.
Thanks for helping us out!
If you still have questions, start with a phone call! 416-925-2005