On September 28th, 2023, and with the generous assistance of HP Canada, Clean50 Summit 13.0 will connect 132 of Canada’s leading authorities on sustainability, clean tech, and low carbon economies to each other, and to political and industry leaders. The Summit will introduce ~20 Clean50 Alumni to 100% of the incoming Canada’s 2024 Clean50 Honourees from across Canada, all 20 of the 2024 Emerging Leaders, % new winners of the Clean50 Lifetime Achievement Award, and most of the project leaders from the 25 winning Clean50 Top Projects teams.
Together this group of forward-looking achievers will spend a full day working in cross sectoral teams to discuss ways in which collectively, we can help Canadians better understand the urgent need for action presented by carbon induced climate change, while advancing Canada’s prosperity in a sustainable fashion, and debating solutions to the most pressing climate-change-induced problems.
Over lunch, our Top Project honourees will receive their awards and five will then make 5 minute-and-a-single-slide rapid fire presentation to 132 Clean50 “dragons” – who will later vote for their favourites and ultimately crown this year’s “Clean50 Top Project of the Year”
The Summit will be hosted on the traditional lands of (among others) the Mississaugas of the Credit, the Anishnabeg, the Chippewa, the Haudenosaunee, and the Wendat peoples.
After a cocktail reception, Honourees will be treated to an award dinner that includes few speeches and lots of accolades for incoming Clean50 individual and Emerging Leader Honourees.
We look forward to another amazing day of inspiration, connection, and recognition of our sustainability heroes.
The Clean50 Summit will be powered by clean energy from Bullfrog – and our office / conference supplies come from sustainability leader Staples and 3M Canada, with water from FLOW served in recyclable containers.
For Facilitators and Facilitator Assistants
- 7:30 (or earlier as advised) : Facilitators and facilitator assistants arrive on site
- 7:30 Coffee served for Facilitators, assistants and volunteers,
- 7:45 mock / training session begins
FOR MOST PARTICIPANTS
- 9:00-10:05 Delegates register, sign up for their preferred 3rd session, peruse poster descriptions of the 25 Top Projects and project descriptions in the booklet, enjoy a coffee, light continental breakfast, and greet fellow honourees and alumni as they arrive
- 10:10 Welcome greetings from Gavin Pitchford (Delta Management), HP Canada and special guests, plus explanation of the day’s process. Please be sure to be in the south end of the site near the coffee bar at 10:10
- 10:40 Participants move to assigned work group area
- 10:45-12:15 Workgroup 1 – facilitated networking: 11 groups of 12 people solve 11 different problems
- 12:15-1:45 Lunch, Project awards
- 1:55:-3:25 Workgroup 2 – engage on a different topic with an entirely different set of the Clean50
- 3:30-3:45 Coffee & move to final session
- 3:50-4:55 Final workgroup – as self-selected on the morning of, the final work group connects leaders who want to talk about their specific topic.
- 4:55-5:00 Feedback on day reported to last facilitator
- 5:00-5:10 All Participants review Project panels, and vote for Top Project, review ideas from the day
- 5:10-6:30 Voters may then exchange their empty ballot folder for drink tickets!
- 5:30-5:45 Group Pictures – weather permitting, on the outdoor patio overlooking the city.
- 5:15-6:30 networking, open bar (for voters!) compliments of Southbrook & Beau’s
- 6:30 Enter dining room – Round 1 of awards
- Clean50 individual awards will be handed out through dinner, beginning with the Emerging Leaders, and then Advocates etc. continuing alphabetically by Category concluding with the Lifetime Achievement Awards. Dinner should conclude by 9:30.
- 9:30 Awards and Dinner conclude as Clean50 Top Project of the Year announced. Draws for valuable prizes.
- 9:30-10:30 Networking and wind down
- 10:30 PM Time to go!
Dinner Only participants: (5:15 PM – 10 PM) A limited number of tickets are available for family / colleagues of honourees. Dinner participants are free to participate in the networking session starting at 5:30 PM.
** Dinner guests are asked to avoid photo-bombing the Clean50 group pictures**
Seating for the awards & dinner will begin at 6:30 PM sharp.