Director of Environmental ProgramsHewlett Packard Canada Team
Lloyd Bryant and Frances Edmonds are a one-two punch: Driving extensive sustainability efforts internally at HP, while also providing external leadership through Lloyd’s role as chair of both EPSC and EPRA and Frances’ partnering with WWF to create a unique program that helps Canadian businesses of all sizes “green” their organizations including developing a first formal sustainability plan. Both Frances and Lloyd have also participated extensively in working with their co-honourees in the Clean50, seeking ways to cooperate, collaborate and push for change.
Frances was also a key planner of the Canada’s Clean50 Summit 2.0.
Commitments for 2013: In September 2012 at the Clean50 Summit, most attendees made public commitments for things they would do to "further sustainability" over the next 12 months. Edmonds's commitments were:- I commit to working on a follow-up sub-committee based on the most voted-on topics from today
- To foster X-Clean50 collaboration, I commit to creating a list of both my: 1). expertise and 2) areas where I could use help, and post both to the Clean50 Linked In Group
- I will contact and challenge my member of parliament on how they are measuring and improving sustainability
- I will choose a small business and mentor them to help them implement sustainability measurement, strategy, programming, etc
In Addition: Honourees identified good ideas they liked and would do their best to support. Edmonds's "Likes" were:- I will host a Clean50 event at which 50% of the attendees are skeptics
- I will work through my industry (or other sector) organization to share best practice and identify synergies
- Establish long-term sustainability goals and KPIs to track performance
- Educate consumers on more sustainable products and practices
- I will champion my vendors to provide sustainability reports/metrics (a) relevant to my organization (b) third-party verified
- I will challenge human resources to embed sustainability in recruiting process
- I will champion employees in my organization and family, friends to challenge my MP on how they are measuring and improving sustainability
- I will learn the politically acceptable strategies from other jurisdictions (Government, Unions, Interest Groups etc)
- I will become an ambassador to promote uptake